Ricardo Baca is the editor of The Denver Post's marijuana news and culture site The Cannabist, as well as the founder and former executive editor of Reverb and an award-winning critic and journalist. In his time as executive director, he expanded The UMS into the largest indie music festival in the Rocky Mountain region. He’s loved rock ‘n’ roll (and gangsta rap) since the ’80s; He’s written about music since a mid-’90s swing through his high school journalism program.
- Twitter: @bruvs
Song Of The Day
Get Mixtape Newsletters
- Music news and analysis from The Denver Post
- Rhiannon Giddens, Janelle Monae lead new protest music movement
- Justin Bieber teams with Skrillex for "What Do You Mean," results not terrible
- How did Mumford & Sons' Gentlemen of the Road event fare in Salida? (photos, review)
- Deftones, Incubus rattle Red Rocks with the old songs ... not the new (photos, review)
- Macklemore and Ryan Lewis really love mopeds in their new "Downtown" video
- Watch: Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats play "S.O.B." on the "Tonight Show"
- J. Cole makes the case for more hip-hop at Red Rocks (photos, review)
- Detour aims to pair Colorado bands, communities for statewide touring circuit
- The 10 best indie-rock love songs for Valentine's Day