John Wenzel writes about music, comedy, books, video games and other popular culture as an A&E reporter and critic for The Denver Post. He has also contributed to Rolling Stone, Esquire, The Guardian, Vice and Splitsider, among others. His feelings for Guided by Voices and Peter Jackson’s Middle-earth are wholly unnatural and know no bounds.
- Twitter: @johnwenzel
Steal This Track
- John Mayer shines with Dead & Company at the 1stBank Center (night one)
- John Mayer and Dead & Co. take weed detour in Colorado
- Music news and analysis from The Denver Post
- The best songs of 2015
- The Eagles of Death Metal open up about Paris attack in new interview
- Review: Adele finds maturity beyond her years on "25"
- Puscifer makes way for masked luchadores at the Bellco Theatre
- Erykah Badu talks new mixtape, "brilliant genius" Drake
- Parquet Courts take a vow of silence on "Monastic Living"
- Mark Knopfler's fine Red Rocks performance baffles crowd (photos, review)