John Wenzel writes about music, comedy, books, video games and other popular culture as an A&E reporter and critic for The Denver Post. He is the author of the Speck/Fulcrum nonfiction book "Mock Stars" and has written for Rolling Stone, Vice, Esquire, The Guardian and Splitsider, among others. His feelings for Guided by Voices and Peter Jackson’s Middle-earth are wholly unnatural and know no bounds.
- Twitter: @johnwenzel
Song Of The Day
Get Mixtape Newsletters
- Music news and analysis from The Denver Post
- Dave Matthews Band charms Fiddler's Green, but ticket issues create headaches (photos, review)
- Atmosphere brings guest stars, old-school hip-hop love to Red Rocks (photos, review)
- Macklemore and Ryan Lewis really love mopeds in their new "Downtown" video
- How did Mumford & Sons' Gentlemen of the Road event fare in Salida? (photos, review)
- Deftones, Incubus rattle Red Rocks with the old songs ... not the new (photos, review)
- Edward Sharpe's Alex Ebert on Jade Castrinos' departure, the next album
- Watch: Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats play "S.O.B." on the "Tonight Show"
- Detour aims to pair Colorado bands, communities for statewide touring circuit
- The five best Childish Gambino songs you might not know