John Wenzel writes about music, comedy, books, video games and other popular culture as an A&E reporter and critic for The Denver Post. He is the author of the Speck/Fulcrum nonfiction book "Mock Stars" and has written for Rolling Stone, Vice, Esquire, The Guardian and Splitsider, among others. His feelings for Guided by Voices and Peter Jackson’s Middle-earth are wholly unnatural and know no bounds.
- Twitter: @johnwenzel
Song Of The Day
Get Mixtape Newsletters
- Music news and analysis from The Denver Post
- Bear McCreary thinks Ian Cooke's "Battlestar Galactica" theme cover is "supremely cool"
- Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats to appear on Jimmy Fallon
- Money, fame, imitation: Inside the world of Denver's tribute and cover bands
- Best shows at UMS 2015: The Blue Rider, Panther Martin, Natalie Tate and more
- Imagine Dragons frontman gets emotional at Pepsi Center in Denver (photos, review)
- Charli XCX is all tough-bubblegum at the Fillmore Auditorium in Denver (photos, review)
- Lyle Lovett gives a nod to promoter Chuck Morris at Red Rocks show (photos, review)
- Did Alt-J just play the best Red Rocks show of the year? (photos, review)
- Air Dubai vocalist Jon Shockness announces his last show with the rising hip-hop band