Award-winning journalist John Moore founded The Denver Post Underground Music Showcase (The UMS) in 2001, and in 2011 was named one of the 12 most influential theater critics in the U.S. by American Theatre Magazine. He has won numerous awards from the Society of Professional Journalists, Colorado Press Association, Denver Press Club and more, including “Denver’s best arts blogger” by the Westword Web Awards and “Denver‘s favorite entertainment columnist” by the readers of Out Front Magazine. After more than 20 years at The Denver Post covering sports, indie music, theatre and more, he has taken a groundbreaking new position as the Denver Center for the Performing Arts’ first Senior Arts Journalist, where he has launched a new media outlet covering the Colorado theatre community called Denver CenterStage. The graduate of Regis Jesuit High School and University of Colorado also founded the Denver Actors Fund, a nonprofit that has raised thousands of dollars for local artists in medical need.
Song Of The Day
Get Mixtape Newsletters
- Coors Field hosts Zac Brown Band, its first of (possibly) many major concerts
- Brian Wilson on weed legalization, what he thinks of his “Love & Mercy” biopic
- Listen: Prince shares the pulverizing new song "HARDROCKLOVER"
- Music news and analysis from The Denver Post
- Amos Lee, David Gray at Red Rocks Amphitheatre (photos)
- Tyga, "The Gold Album: 18th Dynasty" review
- Channel 93.3's Big Gig 2015 lineup: AWOLNATION, Nate Ruess and more
- Ed Sheeran at Red Rocks Amphitheatre (photos, review of day two)
- Edward Sharpe's Alex Ebert on Jade Castrinos' departure, the next album
- Ed Sheeran at Red Rocks Amphitheatre (photos, review)