Award-winning journalist John Moore founded The Denver Post Underground Music Showcase (The UMS) in 2001, and in 2011 was named one of the 12 most influential theater critics in the U.S. by American Theatre Magazine. He has won numerous awards from the Society of Professional Journalists, Colorado Press Association, Denver Press Club and more, including “Denver’s best arts blogger” by the Westword Web Awards and “Denver‘s favorite entertainment columnist” by the readers of Out Front Magazine. After more than 20 years at The Denver Post covering sports, indie music, theatre and more, he has taken a groundbreaking new position as the Denver Center for the Performing Arts’ first Senior Arts Journalist, where he has launched a new media outlet covering the Colorado theatre community called Denver CenterStage. The graduate of Regis Jesuit High School and University of Colorado also founded the Denver Actors Fund, a nonprofit that has raised thousands of dollars for local artists in medical need.
Song Of The Day
Get Mixtape Newsletters
- Riot Fest Denver shares initial 2015 lineup: Modest Mouse, the Pixies and more
- The Decemberists, Spoon at Red Rocks Amphitheatre (photos, review)
- Riot Fest Denver 2015 lineup analysis
- Music news and analysis from The Denver Post
- James McMurtry at the Oriental Theater in Denver (photos, review)
- CPR's OpenAir expands to Fort Collins on 88.3 FM
- Nadalands might be Fort Collins' best-kept musical secret
- Chromeo, Odesza at Red Rocks Amphitheatre (photos, review)
- Denver Water takes on Jay Z: “Stick to your own business, man"
- Passion Pit at the Ogden Theatre in Denver (photos)