Award-winning journalist John Moore founded The Denver Post Underground Music Showcase (The UMS) in 2001, and in 2011 was named one of the 12 most influential theater critics in the U.S. by American Theatre Magazine. He has won numerous awards from the Society of Professional Journalists, Colorado Press Association, Denver Press Club and more, including “Denver’s best arts blogger” by the Westword Web Awards and “Denver‘s favorite entertainment columnist” by the readers of Out Front Magazine. After more than 20 years at The Denver Post covering sports, indie music, theatre and more, he has taken a groundbreaking new position as the Denver Center for the Performing Arts’ first Senior Arts Journalist, where he has launched a new media outlet covering the Colorado theatre community called Denver CenterStage. The graduate of Regis Jesuit High School and University of Colorado also founded the Denver Actors Fund, a nonprofit that has raised thousands of dollars for local artists in medical need.
Song Of The Day
Get Mixtape Newsletters
- Music news and analysis from The Denver Post
- How to cancel your Tidal subscription, and why you should
- The five best Childish Gambino songs you might not know
- Young Thug, "Barter 6" review: What's he saying, exactly?
- Riot Fest Denver moves to National Western Complex
- Edward Sharpe's Alex Ebert on Jade Castrinos' departure, the next album
- Incubus, Deftones announce tour with Red Rocks show
- Listen: The top 10 best Vampire Weekend songs
- Listen: 15 songs you didn't know Ryan Tedder wrote, from Adele to Wiz Khalifa
- Summer Jam 2015: Childish Gambino, Action Bronson, Tech N9NE to headline