Award-winning journalist John Moore founded The Denver Post Underground Music Showcase (The UMS) in 2001, and in 2011 was named one of the 12 most influential theater critics in the U.S. by American Theatre Magazine. He has won numerous awards from the Society of Professional Journalists, Colorado Press Association, Denver Press Club and more, including “Denver’s best arts blogger” by the Westword Web Awards and “Denver‘s favorite entertainment columnist” by the readers of Out Front Magazine. After more than 20 years at The Denver Post covering sports, indie music, theatre and more, he has taken a groundbreaking new position as the Denver Center for the Performing Arts’ first Senior Arts Journalist, where he has launched a new media outlet covering the Colorado theatre community called Denver CenterStage. The graduate of Regis Jesuit High School and University of Colorado also founded the Denver Actors Fund, a nonprofit that has raised thousands of dollars for local artists in medical need.
Song Of The Day
Get Mixtape Newsletters
- UPDATED: Red Rocks is now a National Historic Landmark
- Music news and analysis from The Denver Post
- Hozier stands tall among the monoliths at Red Rocks (photos, review)
- Florence + the Machine brings something intimate to Red Rocks (photos, review)
- A$AP Rocky, Tyler the Creator announce fall tour, Red Rocks show
- Map Game: Can you place Red Rocks on a map of Colorado's Front Range?
- Did Riff Raff deliver my pizza last night?
- Air Dubai goes on "indefinite hiatus," says keyboardist Michael Ray
- Two dead, three wounded after shooting at Drake's OVO Fest after-party
- Watch: UMS fans define "hipster" in mini-documentary