Award-winning journalist John Moore founded The Denver Post Underground Music Showcase (The UMS) in 2001, and in 2011 was named one of the 12 most influential theater critics in the U.S. by American Theatre Magazine. He has won numerous awards from the Society of Professional Journalists, Colorado Press Association, Denver Press Club and more, including “Denver’s best arts blogger” by the Westword Web Awards and “Denver‘s favorite entertainment columnist” by the readers of Out Front Magazine. After more than 20 years at The Denver Post covering sports, indie music, theatre and more, he has taken a groundbreaking new position as the Denver Center for the Performing Arts’ first Senior Arts Journalist, where he has launched a new media outlet covering the Colorado theatre community called Denver CenterStage. The graduate of Regis Jesuit High School and University of Colorado also founded the Denver Actors Fund, a nonprofit that has raised thousands of dollars for local artists in medical need.
Song Of The Day
Get Mixtape Newsletters
- Music news and analysis from The Denver Post
- Rhiannon Giddens, Janelle Monae lead new protest music movement
- Macklemore and Ryan Lewis really love mopeds in their new "Downtown" video
- J. Cole makes the case for more hip-hop at Red Rocks (photos, review)
- How did Mumford & Sons' Gentlemen of the Road event fare in Salida? (photos, review)
- Deftones, Incubus rattle Red Rocks with the old songs ... not the new (photos, review)
- Detour aims to pair Colorado bands, communities for statewide touring circuit
- When Taylor Swift rings, you best take the call. Who will answer in Denver?
- Watch: Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats play "S.O.B." on the "Tonight Show"
- Download "D Minor" live from The Haunted Windchimes, only in Steal This Track