Award-winning journalist John Moore founded The Denver Post Underground Music Showcase (The UMS) in 2001, and in 2011 was named one of the 12 most influential theater critics in the U.S. by American Theatre Magazine. He has won numerous awards from the Society of Professional Journalists, Colorado Press Association, Denver Press Club and more, including “Denver’s best arts blogger” by the Westword Web Awards and “Denver‘s favorite entertainment columnist” by the readers of Out Front Magazine. After more than 20 years at The Denver Post covering sports, indie music, theatre and more, he has taken a groundbreaking new position as the Denver Center for the Performing Arts’ first Senior Arts Journalist, where he has launched a new media outlet covering the Colorado theatre community called Denver CenterStage. The graduate of Regis Jesuit High School and University of Colorado also founded the Denver Actors Fund, a nonprofit that has raised thousands of dollars for local artists in medical need.
Song Of The Day
Get Mixtape Newsletters
- Bette Midler at the Pepsi Center in Denver (photos, review)
- UPDATED: How to cancel your Tidal subscription, and why you should
- Colorado summer 2015 concerts: Here's your guide to live music this season
- Watch: Foo Fighters close Letterman with "Everlong"
- Colorado Music Festival guide 2015
- Watch: Gramatik plays through a snow storm at Red Rocks
- Courtney Barnett is trapped in her own head, to your benefit
- Deer Tick: On the page (and in town) for Denver writer's new book
- Watch: Sia, "Fire Meet Gasoline" video, starring Heidi Klum, Pedro Pascal of "Game of Thrones"
- Music news and analysis from The Denver Post