Award-winning journalist John Moore founded The Denver Post Underground Music Showcase (The UMS) in 2001, and in 2011 was named one of the 12 most influential theater critics in the U.S. by American Theatre Magazine. He has won numerous awards from the Society of Professional Journalists, Colorado Press Association, Denver Press Club and more, including “Denver’s best arts blogger” by the Westword Web Awards and “Denver‘s favorite entertainment columnist” by the readers of Out Front Magazine. After more than 20 years at The Denver Post covering sports, indie music, theatre and more, he has taken a groundbreaking new position as the Denver Center for the Performing Arts’ first Senior Arts Journalist, where he has launched a new media outlet covering the Colorado theatre community called Denver CenterStage. The graduate of Regis Jesuit High School and University of Colorado also founded the Denver Actors Fund, a nonprofit that has raised thousands of dollars for local artists in medical need.
Steal This Track
- AC/DC duck walks down memory lane at the Pepsi Center
- Music news and analysis from The Denver Post
- Broncos make super hype men for Rick Ross at Gothic Theatre
- Rick Ross announces Broncos-hosted concert for Tuesday
- Watch: Nathaniel Rateliff performs on Fallon, Austin City Limits
- UPDATED: How to cancel your Tidal subscription, and why you should
- Wonderbound brings Bowie and Queen to the ballet
- The 10 best indie-rock love songs for Valentine's Day
- 3OH!3, Big Head Todd underscore age gap at Broncos rally
- Future evolves further on lean-drenched "Evol"