Award-winning journalist John Moore founded The Denver Post Underground Music Showcase (The UMS) in 2001, and in 2011 was named one of the 12 most influential theater critics in the U.S. by American Theatre Magazine. He has won numerous awards from the Society of Professional Journalists, Colorado Press Association, Denver Press Club and more, including “Denver’s best arts blogger” by the Westword Web Awards and “Denver‘s favorite entertainment columnist” by the readers of Out Front Magazine. After more than 20 years at The Denver Post covering sports, indie music, theatre and more, he has taken a groundbreaking new position as the Denver Center for the Performing Arts’ first Senior Arts Journalist, where he has launched a new media outlet covering the Colorado theatre community called Denver CenterStage. The graduate of Regis Jesuit High School and University of Colorado also founded the Denver Actors Fund, a nonprofit that has raised thousands of dollars for local artists in medical need.
Steal This Track
- Kid Cudi kicks off new tour at the Fillmore Auditorium with a head-scratching set
- Music news and analysis from The Denver Post
- Denver wants you to write its signature sound
- The ten best albums of 2015
- The best songs of 2015
- Dead & Company lives up to legacy at 1stBank Center (night two)
- John Mayer shines with Dead & Company at the 1stBank Center (night one)
- The ten best Kid Cudi songs
- John Mayer and Dead & Co. take weed detour in Colorado
- Erykah Badu is on a cellular frequency on "But You Cain't Use My Phone"