Award-winning journalist John Moore founded The Denver Post Underground Music Showcase (The UMS) in 2001, and in 2011 was named one of the 12 most influential theater critics in the U.S. by American Theatre Magazine. He has won numerous awards from the Society of Professional Journalists, Colorado Press Association, Denver Press Club and more, including “Denver’s best arts blogger” by the Westword Web Awards and “Denver‘s favorite entertainment columnist” by the readers of Out Front Magazine. After more than 20 years at The Denver Post covering sports, indie music, theatre and more, he has taken a groundbreaking new position as the Denver Center for the Performing Arts’ first Senior Arts Journalist, where he has launched a new media outlet covering the Colorado theatre community called Denver CenterStage. The graduate of Regis Jesuit High School and University of Colorado also founded the Denver Actors Fund, a nonprofit that has raised thousands of dollars for local artists in medical need.
Song Of The Day
Get Mixtape Newsletters
- Don Henley on his new solo album, fame, the state of country music and Colorado
- Music news and analysis from The Denver Post
- Ex-Ticketfly CTO explains Pandora's big buy
- Joe Jackson charms the Paramount with classics, covers (review)
- Edward Sharpe's Alex Ebert on Jade Castrinos' departure, the next album
- Watch: Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats play "S.O.B." on the "Tonight Show"
- Lennon assassin Mark David Chapman says he did it to get attention
- UPDATE: Gary Lee's Motor Club owner has died, according to GoFundMe page
- First-ever Halloween on the Rocks brings Mac Miller, Action Bronson to Red Rocks
- The five best Childish Gambino songs you might not know