Award-winning journalist John Moore founded The Denver Post Underground Music Showcase (The UMS) in 2001, and in 2011 was named one of the 12 most influential theater critics in the U.S. by American Theatre Magazine. He has won numerous awards from the Society of Professional Journalists, Colorado Press Association, Denver Press Club and more, including “Denver’s best arts blogger” by the Westword Web Awards and “Denver‘s favorite entertainment columnist” by the readers of Out Front Magazine. After more than 20 years at The Denver Post covering sports, indie music, theatre and more, he has taken a groundbreaking new position as the Denver Center for the Performing Arts’ first Senior Arts Journalist, where he has launched a new media outlet covering the Colorado theatre community called Denver CenterStage. The graduate of Regis Jesuit High School and University of Colorado also founded the Denver Actors Fund, a nonprofit that has raised thousands of dollars for local artists in medical need.
Song Of The Day
Get Mixtape Newsletters
- 4/20 Denver: Rick Ross to headline free show at Civic Center rally
- 4/20 Denver: Snoop Dogg, A$AP Rocky, 2 Chainz to headline concert at Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre
- Music news and analysis from The Denver Post
- Bluebird District Music Festival announces initial 2015 lineup
- Incubus, Deftones announce tour with Red Rocks show
- A booming Record Store Day multiplies pains of the growing vinyl industry
- Twin Shadow's tour bus crashes on I-70 in multi-vehicle accident, "multiple victims"
- Can Snoop Dogg, Method Man, Redman stop coming to Colorado on 4/20?
- Summer Jam 2015: Childish Gambino, Action Bronson, Tech N9NE to headline
- Video premiere: Snake Rattle Rattle Snake, "The Breath and the Glow"