Colleen Smith, the great-granddaughter of an Irish fiddler, is an award-winning writer trained at the prestigious Iowa Writers’ Workshop. The author of the acclaimed novel “Glass Halo” and the artful gift book “Laid-Back Skier,” she’s published in a dozens of newspapers and magazines. Smith, a longtime contributor to The Denver Post, has reviewed concerts since the early days of Reverb and also reports on nature and the arts. The founder of Friday Jones Publishing, Smith creates communications for a wide variety of clients, specializing in nonprofit organizations. She wrote and directed the documentary film -- “Angels Alleluia” -- broadcast by Rocky Mountain PBS. An avid alpine skier, swimmer, yogini and gardner, Smith lives in a historic district of Denver, where she hoards a shoebox stuffed with concert tickets from several decades. She does not read music, but enjoys writing about it.
- Twitter: @FridayPublisher
Song Of The Day
Get Mixtape Newsletters
- UPDATED: How to cancel your Tidal subscription, and why you should
- Bette Midler at the Pepsi Center in Denver (photos, review)
- Colorado summer 2015 concerts: Here's your guide to live music this season
- Music news and analysis from The Denver Post
- Film on the Rocks 2015 schedule: Munly & The Lupercalians, Strawberry Runners and more
- Watch: Sia, "Fire Meet Gasoline" video, starring Heidi Klum, Pedro Pascal of "Game of Thrones"
- Denver Day of Rock 2015 schedule
- Watch: "Game of Thrones: The Musical" is the best thing Coldplay's done in years
- Bluebird District Music Festival shares full 2015 lineup, venue changes
- Watch: Gramatik plays through a snow storm at Red Rocks