Colleen Smith, the great-granddaughter of an Irish fiddler, is an award-winning writer trained at the prestigious Iowa Writers’ Workshop. The author of the acclaimed novel “Glass Halo” and the artful gift book “Laid-Back Skier,” she’s published in a dozens of newspapers and magazines. Smith, a longtime contributor to The Denver Post, has reviewed concerts since the early days of Reverb and also reports on nature and the arts. The founder of Friday Jones Publishing, Smith creates communications for a wide variety of clients, specializing in nonprofit organizations. She wrote and directed the documentary film -- “Angels Alleluia” -- broadcast by Rocky Mountain PBS. An avid alpine skier, swimmer, yogini and gardner, Smith lives in a historic district of Denver, where she hoards a shoebox stuffed with concert tickets from several decades. She does not read music, but enjoys writing about it.
- Twitter: @FridayPublisher
Steal This Track
- Music news and analysis from The Denver Post
- Adele performs bare "Hello" on "Saturday Night Live"
- The best songs of 2015
- Fuzz slash through a long, loud set at the Bluebird Theater
- Riot Fest returns to Denver in 2016
- Listen: 15 songs you didn't know Ryan Tedder wrote, from Adele to Wiz Khalifa
- Covers and guests spice up Greensky Bluegrass' Ogden Theatre finale
- John Mayer and Dead & Co. take weed detour in Colorado
- One Direction, Bieber and The Weeknd star at American Music Awards
- Parquet Courts take a vow of silence on "Monastic Living"