Colleen Smith, the great-granddaughter of an Irish fiddler, is an award-winning writer trained at the prestigious Iowa Writers’ Workshop. The author of the acclaimed novel “Glass Halo” and the artful gift book “Laid-Back Skier,” she’s published in a dozens of newspapers and magazines. Smith, a longtime contributor to The Denver Post, has reviewed concerts since the early days of Reverb and also reports on nature and the arts. The founder of Friday Jones Publishing, Smith creates communications for a wide variety of clients, specializing in nonprofit organizations. She wrote and directed the documentary film -- “Angels Alleluia” -- broadcast by Rocky Mountain PBS. An avid alpine skier, swimmer, yogini and gardener, Smith lives in a historic district of Denver, where she hoards a shoebox stuffed with concert tickets from several decades. She does not read music, but enjoys writing about it.
- Twitter: @FridayPublisher
Steal This Track
- "Views from the Six": Six things to know about Drake's new album
- Music news and analysis from The Denver Post
- UPDATED: How to cancel your Tidal subscription, and why you should
- Austin's Levitation festival cancelled
- Waka Flocka Flame: "I'm moving to Denver"
- Fetty Wap, Ty Dolla $ign to headline KS107.5 Summer Jam 2016
- To the root: Natalia Lafourcade talks about the future and forebears of her music
- Graham Nash stumbles through "This Path Tonight"
- The ten best vinyl records for any collection
- Film on the Rocks announces 2016 schedule