Colleen Smith, the great-granddaughter of an Irish fiddler, is an award-winning writer trained at the prestigious Iowa Writers’ Workshop. The author of the acclaimed novel “Glass Halo” and the artful gift book “Laid-Back Skier,” she’s published in a dozens of newspapers and magazines. Smith, a longtime contributor to The Denver Post, has reviewed concerts since the early days of Reverb and also reports on nature and the arts. The founder of Friday Jones Publishing, Smith creates communications for a wide variety of clients, specializing in nonprofit organizations. She wrote and directed the documentary film -- “Angels Alleluia” -- broadcast by Rocky Mountain PBS. An avid alpine skier, swimmer, yogini and gardner, Smith lives in a historic district of Denver, where she hoards a shoebox stuffed with concert tickets from several decades. She does not read music, but enjoys writing about it.
- Twitter: @FridayPublisher
Song Of The Day
Get Mixtape Newsletters
- UPDATED: Red Rocks is now a National Historic Landmark
- Music news and analysis from The Denver Post
- Hozier stands tall among the monoliths at Red Rocks (photos, review)
- A$AP Rocky, Tyler the Creator announce fall tour, Red Rocks show
- Florence + the Machine brings something intimate to Red Rocks (photos, review)
- Air Dubai goes on "indefinite hiatus," says keyboardist Michael Ray
- Map Game: Can you place Red Rocks on a map of Colorado's Front Range?
- Did Riff Raff deliver my pizza last night?
- Two dead, three wounded after shooting at Drake's OVO Fest after-party
- Watch: UMS fans define "hipster" in mini-documentary