Colleen Smith, the great-granddaughter of an Irish fiddler, is an award-winning writer trained at the prestigious Iowa Writers’ Workshop. The author of the acclaimed novel “Glass Halo” and the artful gift book “Laid-Back Skier,” she’s published in a dozens of newspapers and magazines. Smith, a longtime contributor to The Denver Post, has reviewed concerts since the early days of Reverb and also reports on nature and the arts. The founder of Friday Jones Publishing, Smith creates communications for a wide variety of clients, specializing in nonprofit organizations. She wrote and directed the documentary film -- “Angels Alleluia” -- broadcast by Rocky Mountain PBS. An avid alpine skier, swimmer, yogini and gardner, Smith lives in a historic district of Denver, where she hoards a shoebox stuffed with concert tickets from several decades. She does not read music, but enjoys writing about it.
- Twitter: @FridayPublisher
Song Of The Day
Get Mixtape Newsletters
- Music news and analysis from The Denver Post
- D'Angelo announces summer tour with a Denver show
- How to cancel your Tidal subscription, and why you should
- FoCoMX 2015: Takeaways from the Northern Colorado music scene
- Young Thug, "Barter 6" review: What's he saying, exactly?
- The five best Childish Gambino songs you might not know
- Riot Fest Denver moves to National Western Complex
- Leon Russell at the Oriental Theater in Denver (photos, review)
- The Replacements at the Fillmore Auditorium in Denver (photos, review)
- Edward Sharpe's Alex Ebert on Jade Castrinos' departure, the next album