Rihanna in Denver: What to expect at the Pepsi Center showBy Ricardo Baca | November 7th, 2013 | 4 comments
The last time Denver had a date with pop-R&B star Rihanna, she dumped the Mile High City.
In July 2010, Colorado fans of the diva were psyched about her headlining date at Fiddler’s Green Amphitheatre. But the concert mysteriously disappeared from her calendar, Ticketmaster and the venue’s website a few days before the concert. The explanation: “Rihanna apologizes to her Denver fans and hopes to make it up to them on the next tour.”
Rihanna will make good on the promise when she hits the Pepsi Center stage on Nov. 9.
Since it’s been a while, what should fans expect from a Rihanna concert?
1. Tardy starts: Many of Rihanna’s tour-opening dates in Australia and New Zealand were plagued with late starts.
2. Slow build: With so many hits, it’s hard to say how she’ll lay them down. But like many pop stars, Rihanna will likely start slow and finish hot.
3. Focus fumbles: Some critics and fans have caught Rihanna looking disinterested mid-performance. Some say this appearance of effortlessness is part of her appeal.
4. R-rated moves: Crotch grabbing is nothing new, but expect plenty of Rihanna’s intense self-loving in the choreography.
5. Sparkle: This is her Diamonds World Tour, so expect the hit “Diamonds” in the encore.